The 4GS mattress system combines a superb Huber Technik top cover which is 4mm thick and backed with a special strong inlay mesh exclusive to Huber Technik products. This interaction point with your animal is gently textured to provide stability and is manufactured from 100% pure rubber compound which has not previously been vulcanised.
This combination creates the perfect balance of comfort and durability in a simple yet proven installation system.
More than 500,000 cows are lying on the 4GS mattress system across Europe, Ireland and North America 365 day housing systems, so the proven acceptance and performance of the product can be continued into the UK marketplace
What is unvulcanised rubber?
Rubber that has not been previously moulded or heated(vulcanised)
Why is it better?
When rubber is reused and recycled it loses some of its original properties, becoming harder and increasing the probability of cracking. This also may lead to the mat breaking down and rubber ending up in the food chain.
What does wear and tear resistance mean?
To determine the wear and tear ability of rubber products, tear resistance, stretching ability at the breaking point, and abrasions are primarily examined. These criteria are clearly superior in new rubber.
Why do you need a inner liner of fabric?
Coverings made of high quality new rubber must not be very thick in order to offer elasticity, comfort and durability . The fibre insert made of polymide polyester stabilises surface coverings and minimise rubber specific stretching. In thin surface covers the fibre must carry the load. The rubber provides solely a protective surface and wear and tear protection.
- 4mm thick top cover, backed with strong inlay mesh
- Interaction point with your animal gently textured to provide stability
- Top cover is proven in test to be 6 times stronger than chinese imports
- The inner foam pads inside the mattress are 30mm thick, made form 50% latex and 50% polyrethane
- Exceptional shape retention and comfort
- Creates the perfect balance of comfort and durability in a simple yet proven installation system
- PAH – Tested – Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrcarbons, one of the few mats on the market that is PAH – tested and certified
- NB: High PAHs are present in cheaper rubber compounds and are highly toxic and carcinogenic, example Milk Linears must be PAH – Tested. Huber is one of the only mattresses in the world that is PAH- Tested
- New tyre compound – 100% rubber with no recycled material or cheap fillers
- Environmentally friendly for recycling after use
- Plastic wrap to contain foam pads supplied with every job
- Continous roll manufacture
- Gentle homeycomb texture on top cover provides safe grip for stability and low abrasion
- Made in Germany
- Regressive 10 year warranty
- 0% warranty claims against roll or mattress
- Fixings supplied
DLG Testing and Certification
The 4GS system is DLG tested and has been awarded a certificate and the right to display the DLG “Fokus test” label
Deformability and Elasticity – Evaluates softness, comfort, and elasticity of a rubber mat before and after use, simulating 10 years of normal use.
Lying time comfort test – In independent tests the 4GS Mattress Solution had 16 hours lying time versus 13 hours in an EVA mat and 6 hours of that of a basic solid rubber(no bungs) mat.
Abrasion Test – Evaluates top-surface wear. After 10,000 rotations mat is measured to evaluate top-surface wear resistance.
Slip Resistance Test – Evaluates top-surface grip of a rubber mat. Surface grip prevents a cow from slipping. Relevant resistance measurements of a wet and dry mat are recorded to evaluate the overall slip resistance.
Tensile Test – The N/mm2 is 24.7 for Huber, scoring a ++(DLG6014F) and 4.72N/mm2 for the Chinese product a 0, (DLG5809F)
Farming Equipment & Technology Fund (FETF) 2023 compliant when purchased as a 40mm composite memory foam and 4mm rubber top. To view other available products, please click here.