The ever-popular IAE Superscoop has now been upgraded to Mark 4.5.
Visually the 4.5 is difficult to distinguish from the Mark 4, however under the skin there are significant improvements. The key upgrade to the Mark 4.5 is the inclusion of a positive unidirectional lock and locking position for the scoop arm at rest (in its vertical situation). This is key in preventing accidental knocks and damage when not in use. In addition, internal components have been upgraded to improve reliability and longevity.
These improvements follow the upgrades previously made to the Superscoop, such as the revised plastic moulding that offers greater strength, whilst improving access to the head, reducing proximity to the eyes and minimising ear tag loss.
- Restricts the side to side movement of the animals head
- Provides increased safety for the animal and the operator
- Takes the strain out of tasks such as dosing and ear tagging
- Keeps the head up so reducing the risk of the animal choking
- Helps prevent animal collapsing
- May need some self-assembly
- Locking ratchet mechanism using a concentric ratchet locking face and pawl allowing for an easier release when under load, reducing strain on the operator and animal
- A superior fixing bracket which offers a more stable point of rotation
- Extra-large diameter central pivot point distributing the load over a greater area, significantly reducing wear on that component
- The maintenance-free central bearing of self-lubricating carbon filled PTFE, offering exceptional strength and wear characteristics
- Neat aesthetics featuring an all internal mechanism, without reducing ease of maintenance
The unit is configurable to either hand. Supplied factory fitted as a right-hand unit only, consumers who wish to operate the scoop from the other side of the crush can change the handing of their unit with a simple change around procedure (full documentation supplied).
- F045 2200 18 - Mrk 4.5 Left hand to suit Chieftain, Saracen Crushes
- F045 2200 19 - To suit M1000 and A1000 crush range