We are looking to appoint a Weighbridge Operator at our Head Quarters in Longton, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.
As a weighbridge operator, you will report directly to the distribution manager and be responsible for assessing and booking all vehicle movements over a weighbridge. The ideal candidate will be computer literate and be able to follow and maintain a number of internal / external systems of work and processes.
Duties will include:
- Act as a first point of contact for site visitors
- Log all vehicles entering and exiting the site
- Ensure all deliveries to site and collections have all relevant documentation
- Complete all weighing operations
- Input vehicle and load data accurately into computerised weighbridge
- Monitor traffic movements on site to maintain a safe operating environment
- Direct site traffic flow and liaise with site staff to maintain a smooth operation
- Ensure all delivery drivers / visitors have correct PPE and aware of the site rules
- Conduct vehicle inspections and maintain site security
Experience as a weighbridge operator would be a distinct advantage but not essential as full training can be offered to the correct candidate showing the right aptitude.
You will be employed on a full time contract on 39 hours per week (Monday-Friday, two week shift rotation of days and afternoons). You will also be entitled to 28 days holiday per year plus loyalty days up to 32 days) and the opportunity to join the company pension scheme. Remuneration for this position will be attractive and commensurate with the experience and ability of the successful candidate.
IAE is a professional company committed to long term growth, where real opportunities exist to contribute to a highly successful business and to progress your career.