The successful candidate will ideally have an educational background in Mechanical or Design Engineering (or similar discipline) to degree level and/or have proven experience in the design engineering field, and of developing product and prototypes and bringing products to market. Training will be offered to the right applicant if required. The applicant, however, must have excellent 3D CAD draughting skills plus have experience of using FEA software and analysing and validating results. A strong understanding of mechanics, mechanical engineering and welded steel structures is required, as is the ability to create and maintain assembly bills of material. The candidate will also need to display creativity and an aptitude for problem-solving, as well as having an excellent eye for detail and a pro-active attitude. The candidate must also be able to efficiently manage their time whilst juggling multiple tasks or projects.
The successful candidate will possess:
• Experience in the use of 3D drawing packages (preferably SolidWorks)
• The ability to analyse structures and components using FEA software.
• The ability to develop a concept, from brief to final design.
• Innovative thinking and problem-solving skills.
• Strong mathematical ability.
• The ability to communicate confidently at all levels
• The aptitude to get involved in ‘hands-on’ build and testing tasks
The successful candidate may also:
• Have prior agricultural design experience, or experience or understanding of farming/animal handling
• Exhibit prior experience of injection moulded plastic component design
• Have experience of hydraulics design
• Be able to write test schedules and reports