Founded in 1969, IAE are the UK’s largest and leading manufacturer of livestock housing and handling equipment, equestrian stabling, industrial fencing and shelters. The company remains to be owned by the same family who set it up in 1969, and now employs over 450 people, which we are committed to investing in. IAE is based on a purpose built, 38-acre site which is situated on the edge of Stoke-on-Trent in Staffordshire.
The state-of-the-art production facility features an extensive range of automated processes, ranging from robotic welding technology to automated material handling and includes our own in-house galvanising facility. Our ability to design, manufacture, assemble and distribute from this unique operation allows us to offer our customers a complete range of high quality, unrivalled products like no other.
As the Head of Procurement, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of our business. You will be responsible for managing purchasing strategy and activity to ensure optimal supplier performance, cost-efficiency, and alignment with the company’s objectives. In this senior leadership role, you will lead a team of Buyers and work collaboratively with other senior management teams to contribute to our overall business objectives.
Strategy and Development:
- Define and implement a best-practice purchasing vision and strategy to improve business performance.
- Establish purchasing strategies and processes that meet price, quality, and delivery targets.
- Mitigate risks, identify opportunities, and contribute to the overall business strategy.
- Initiate and develop creative procurement processes.
General and Task Management:
- Manage relationships and negotiate with key suppliers.
- Negotiate contract terms to ensure value for money and quality standards.
- Forecast market trends and maintain a competitive vendor base.
- Develop and maintain a supplier relationship and evaluation process.
- Provide leadership, coaching, and mentorship to your team.
- Set department objectives and monitor performance.
- Establish a strategy for staff to achieve business objectives.
Financial Budget and Control:
- Input and hold responsibility for purchasing and cost estimating budgets.
- Develop strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate and negotiate with key stakeholders to facilitate delivery and compliance with the purchasing strategy.
- Review and implement environmental strategies to support sustainable operations.
- Explore environmentally friendly technological systems and opportunities.
- Inspire and motivate the team.
- Manage performance firmly and fairly.
- Exhibit resilience, openness to change, and strong ethical values.
- Demonstrate confidence, assertiveness, and a collaborative approach to others.
- Work well under pressure and self-motivated.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven leadership and management skills.
- Excellent relationship management and negotiation skills.
- Strong communicator with analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Results-oriented with budget management experience.
- Educated to degree level (preferably Masters) in a relevant commercial or engineering discipline or equivalent NVQ Level 7 qualification.
- Preferably a Fellow or Member of The Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS).
- Demonstrable experience in strategic purchasing leadership.
- Contract management and supplier relationship experience.
- Strong supply chain management skills.
- Proficiency in computer skills, especially Excel.
For the right candidate, additional training and qualifications may be offered as part of the role to ensure the candidate has the required skills to excel in this role.
The above positions will be rewarded with a permanent contract, progressive rates of pay, 32 days paid holidays per year plus loyalty days (up to 34 days), auto enrolment into our pension scheme which includes 5% employer contribution, death in service benefit and company car.
Working 39 hours, Monday to Friday. Business Travel will be a requirement of the role.
IAE is a professional company committed to long term growth, where real opportunities exist to contribute to a highly successful business and to progress your career.